Meeting 03 September 2020

8pm via Zoom

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Stephanie Nunn, Liz Hawthorn (LH), Richard Cottam (RC, LBH Parks)

Brian Breeze (BB) joined late and could hear meeting but could not be heard.

Apologies for absence: Jackie Whitelock

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

The minutes of the previous meeting (16 July 2020) were agreed.

Matters Arising:

Stolen plaques – BB has completed a claim form on line for our insurers, Zurich, and is waiting to hear from them.

Aisling from Land of the Fanns advised a Grant could not be issued for this.

BB has got the paint and equipment for the posts.

Litter Picking - RR has issued a thank you to people litter picking in the park.

Work Parties – It is not possible to do work on the river at this time due to Health and Safety restrictions due to Covid19.

If individuals wish to litter pick RR will loan them equipment. RC may be able to help with equipment if more is required.

 

3.   Chair’s/Vice Chair’s Report

JS is meeting Green Flag judges with RC, James Rose and Park Rangers on Thursday 10 September 2020 in the park regarding this. Numbers must be kept to a minimum due to Covid19 restrictions. They will be going from the visitors centre over the hill to Albyns Lake via the viewing point and back avoiding the hill.

 

4.   Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

Theft of 3 History Plaques

See matters arising.

 

5.   Finance Report

No report received.

 

6.   Havering Parks Officer’s Report

Green Flag – see Chair’s report (3)

Interpretation Boards – 4 have been ordered using illustrations by Barry Weekley.

2 are waiting to be installed – Bofors Gun (white circle by children’s playground)

                                                Perimeter Track (right of main path just past visitors centre).

2 are on standby – Anti-aircraft gun and Sunken Pillbox

London in Bloom – is a desktop assessment this year and all relevant documents have been submitted.

S106 St Georges Hospital Site – has been settled and the park should benefit.

Rubbish – continues to be a problem and takes up a lot of the rangers’ time.

 

7.   Working Party Report

No work parties have taken place due to current pandemic.

See matter arsing (3).

 

8.   Website and Communications Report

Website needs updating as summer migrants now gone.

RR asked for ideas for front page to be sent to him.

RC will send over artwork for interpretation boards.

 

9.   Other Business

Upsurge of motorbikes and other motorised vehicles being used in parks may be due to Parks Police not being so visible.

JS reported a pinch point at the back of the church in Newmarket Way which is causing issues for pedestrians and cyclists but there is little room to widen the path. RC will see if a sign can be installed warning cyclists to take extra care in this area.

 

Date of Next Meeting – To be arranged LH suggested that it is probably not necessary to hold monthly meetings at this time and asked that 5 November be avoided.