Minutes of Meeting 07 April 2022

15.30 Albyns Depot

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Raymond Randall (RR), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH), Richard Cottam (RC) LBH Parks

Apologies for absence: Jeff Stafford (JS), Stephanie Nunn (SN)

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting (03 March 2022) agreed

 

3.   Matters Arising

Relationship with EWT

RC to speak to EWT management – it was agreed this was no longer necessary.

Nature Booklet – JS will continue to try and discuss this matter with Jonathon Tahir at EWT him. Carried forward as JS not at meeting.

Events in parks – RR received the dates of events already booked to take place in HCP from RC.

Work parties – RR discussed future work parties with Mick Greenslade – he was only able to suggest altering fence line but advised this can’t be done at this time of year due to nesting birds.

Bank details to be supplied to enable LBH to reimburse insurance money – SC to send details direct to RC as not happy to give to unknown person.

 

4.   Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Nothing to report.

 

5.   Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

 

6.   Finance Report

Unchanged since last month

 

Balance held £3,103.48

£1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants.

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 1,781.60

EWT invoice for 100 history leaflets issued in January 2022 had not been paid as of 7 April 2022 but is included in above figures. RR to send reminder

 

7.   Park Officer’s Report

Covid Memorial Woodland is now open. LBH are looking to source more water for trees on site as is time consuming for Mick Greenslade using bowser. This will probably be using ground water.

Green Flag Awards will be soon - date to be confirmed by RC when known.

Sec.106 money for the housing built on the old hospital land is expected soon and will be approximately £90,000+ for use solely in HCP. RC will submit ideas for its use.

 

8.   History Trail – nothing to report. To be removed from future agendas unless there is anything to discuss.

 

9.   Nature Booklet – see matters arising.

 

10.   Events

It may be possible to arrange a stand-alone dog show during the school summer holidays.

 

11.   Cycling - Nothing reported

 

12.   Work Parties

 

Sunday 27 March 2022 – 9 volunteers cleared mud from chicane and cleared the battleship gun site. Next work party could clear debris from little stream by chicane.

 

13.   Website and Communication Report

New website is live: www.ingrebournevalleyfriends.org

 

14.   Other Business

As there were few updates discussed the next meeting will be postponed until:

 

 

Date of Next Meeting – 26 May 2022 15:30 at Albyns Depot