Minutes of Meeting 26 May 2022

15.30 Albyns Depot

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH)

Apologies for absence: Richard Cottam (RC) LBH Parks, Stephanie Nunn (SN)

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting (07 April 2022) agreed

 

3.   Matters Arising

Nature Booklet – JS has not yet managed to discuss this with Johnathon Tahir. He will try to arrange a meeting with him to discuss.

Bank details to be supplied to enable LBH to reimburse insurance money – SC has supplied details to RC but no payment yet received.

Invoice sent to EWT for supply of 100 History Leaflets – Has not been paid. RR to send reminder.

Green Flag Award - Inspection is on Wednesday 8 June at 11am, meet at flagpole.

London in Bloom – Inspection is on Friday 1 July at 12.30, meet at flagpole.

 

4.   Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Chair – see Cycling (10)

Vice Chair

Outfall Safari – RR, LH and one of our volunteers have been working with other volunteers for the Zoological Society of London (ZSL) and Thames 21 to check the Outfalls along the River Ingrebourne. This is done every 5 years to check if there is any evidence of pollution from the Outfalls going into the River so that preventative action can be taken if necessary.

River Work – Insurance for River Work can be covered by Thames 21 as RR has undertaken their Leading a River Clean Up training. RR must be present and a Risk Assessment must be submitted before any works take place.

5.   Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

 

6.   Finance Report

Unchanged since last month

Balance held £3,103.48

£1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants.

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 1,781.60

EWT invoice for 100 history leaflets issued in January 2022 had not been paid as of 25 May 2022 but is included in above figures.

Accounts for period 31/03/2021 – 31/03/2022 were supplied to all attendees.

 

7.   Park Officer’s Report – None received

 

8.   Nature Booklet – see matters arising.

 

9.   Events

LH has discussed the possible Dog Show with Graeme from Romford Greyhound Owners Association (RGOA). They would like to combine with us to hold a joint Dog Show and suggested holding it on 18 September 2022. LH to contact RC to confirm date.

 

10.   Cycling – Ride London JS and Havering Cyclists will be leading a group of cyclists, following a Cycle Network route, from Upminster Station to Central London. A series of roads have been closed to cars for 3 hours to allow safe cycling.

Dr Bike events will be taking place in HCP, usually on the last Sunday of the summer months.

 

11.   Work Parties

 

Sunday 8 May 2022 – 8 volunteers cleared the little stream by the chicane.

 

12.   Website and Communication Report www.ingrebournevalleyfriends.org

 

13.   Other Business – Congratulations to be sent to Stephanie Nunn, by JS on behalf of the Friends, on her appointment as Deputy Mayor.

 

Date of Next Meeting – 7 July 2022 16:00 (TBC) at Albyns Depot