Minutes of Meeting 04 August 2022

16:00 Albyns Depot

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH), Stephanie Nunn (SN), Richard Cottam (RC) LBH Parks

Apologies for absence: None

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting - Minutes of the previous meeting (07July 2022) agreed

 

3.   Matters Arising

Nature Booklet – JS has still not been able to meet to discuss this with Johnathon Tahir.

RR to provide complete leaflet for JS to show to EWT

Insurance money – Not yet received from LBH. RC will chase this up.

Invoice sent to EWT for supply of 100 History Leaflets – RR has sent a reminder to EWT regarding outstanding invoice.

Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme – RR can’t make contact at the moment, regarding including Joe’s litter picking in the park on our website, as he only has the school’s number for contact. RR will try when the schools reopen.

Wildflower Garden around Roundel – RC reports that it not in EWT’s lease condition to maintain. RC will add wildflower seeds for that area if he is given the budget to do so.

Preparing the area and sowing the seeds can be a work party with Mick Greenslade in late spring 2023.

Thames 21 river clearance risk assessment – RR still chasing

 

4.   Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Chair – The Friends Group were contacted by Thames Chase who seemed to expect that we would be watering the trees in the Memorial Woodland. We don’t know how this misunderstanding arose but we have not offered to do this and have informed Thames Chase and LBH. Many of the smaller trees have been dying because of the extremely hot, dry conditions and lack of water. Mick Greenslade has been doing his best to water the trees but he simply does not have enough time.

Vice Chair – Nothing to repot.

 

5.   Secretary’s Report - Nothing to report

 

6.   Finance Report

Balance held £2,955.01

£1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants.

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 1,633.13

 

Invoice 2022/02 to EWT for £35 for History Leaflets dated 2nd June 2022 is shown as received but is not yet in the bank.

 

7.   Park Officer’s Report

HCP has retained Green Flag Award. London in Bloom results should be known in Sept.

There have being numerous fires in Havering Parks over the hot, dry period including HCP but most should recover. London Fire Brigade believes that many of them were deliberately started.

The wind turbine at Albyns Farm lake will be checked to ensure it is still working - RC

 

8.   Nature Booklet – see matters arising.

 

9.   Events

No change since last meeting.

Havering half-marathon is on 11 Sept. SN will contact Ciaran White to see if he wants the Friends Group and the Residents Association to man a cheering post. Following the meeting SN was advised by Ciaron White that the half-marathon would not be taking place this year.

 

10.   Cycling

JS has quite a lot of bikes in storage which he would like to go to a good cause. SN will check to see if anyone affected by the Wennington fire would like one.

JS will investigate if it would be feasible to run a bike maintenance course. May have to pay for a qualified mechanic.

 

11.   Work Parties - RR to chase Thames 21 regarding their preferred Risk Assessment format.

2 shopping trolleys and 2 small trees have been thrown into the river at the weir. RC will ask Mick if he can pull them out when he returns from sick leave.

 

12.   Website and Communication Report www.ingrebournevalleyfriends.org

 

1.   Other Business – None

 

Date of Next Meeting – 20 October 2022 16:00 at Albyns Depot