Meeting 03 June 2021

7pm via Zoom

 

1.  Attendance/Apologies

Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH), Richard Cottam (RC, LBH Parks)

Apologies for absence: Stephanie Nunn (SN), Jackie Whitelock, Richard Cottam (RC) – “Out of Office“ response received.

 

Jackie Whitelock advises she wishes to remain a committee member but work commitments often mean she is unable to attend meetings and work parties.

 

2.  Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

The minutes of the previous meeting (22 April 2021) were agreed.

Matters Arising: Both matters below carried over until next meeting as RC not in attendance.

Work by Chicane – RC hasn’t had time to look into this yet but will do so.

Catering at Friends Events – RC to locate a copy of the agreement with EWT to check the wording.

 

Other matters arising - To be covered under relevant sections below.

 

3.  Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Nothing to report

 

4.  Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

 

5.  Finance Report

Unchanged since last meeting:

Balance held £3,619.67

 £1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 2,297.79

 

BB has sent copy of receipt of last year’s insurance to RC

 

RC to check if last year’s insurance was reclaimed from Council and, if not, is it too late to do so now.

 

6.  Park Officer’s Report

Park Officer not in attendance and no report received.

 

7.  History Plaques

BB’s letter regarding sponsoring plaques was agreed and sent to Romford Recorder.

5 sponsors have come forward:

Cheques for £100/plaque to be made out to Friends of Ingrebourne Valley and sent to SC.

Wording for plaque sponsorship to be sent to BB.

2 plaques still require sponsors to replace with stainless steel.

JS has been unable to contact the Community Champion at Tesco to enquire if they would like to sponsor a plaque. He will continue to try.

BB will investigate the costs of providing protection for the bottom of the posts.

 

8.  Nature Booklet

JS has been unable to contact anyone from EWT head office regarding their possible sale of our Nature Booklets.

JS will speak to Kate as to way forward and ask her to confirm if they are still willing to sell the history leaflet and re-establish the link between EWT and the Friends Group..

RR will ask why our leaflets are not obviously on sale and if we should display a poster on park notice board regarding their availability.

 

9.  Events

It is unlikely that any events will be held this year.

10.  Cycling

No cycling events will be held this year in the park but some will be held elsewhere using the cycles stored at Albyns Farm Depot.

JS informed that at least one month’s notice is required before putting up a small stall.

 

11.  Work Parties

 

RR has rewritten risk assessments in line with Covid precautions.

The first work party will be Weds. 9 June 2021 when we will be working with the rangers to cut back vegetation on the Epen. 9 volunteers have expressed a wish to attend.

Another work party will be arranged to clear rubbish from the river.

 

12.  Website and Communication Report

RR is changing the website to another provider as he is not happy with the current one. Cost £102.

 

13.  Other Business

4 young adults on SSSI area said they were unaware it was a protected area as there was no sign. They had climbed over gate by chicane.

LH to Email RC regarding possible display of sign.

Training course on Wildlife and Habitat Surveying being held at Fielders Field, Langton’s on Tuesday 17th August 2021.

RR will chase up details, send information to volunteers and committee members and will collate names of persons wishing to attend to forward to RC and organiser.

 

 

 

Date of Next Meeting – Thursday 1 July 2021 @ 7pm – by Zoom