Minutes of Meeting 03 March 2022

7pm via Zoom

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH), Richard Cottam (RC) LBH Parks

Apologies for absence: Stephanie Nunn (SN), Jackie Whitelock (JW)

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting

The minutes of the previous meeting agreed (03 February 2022)

 

3.   Matters Arising

Relationship with EWT

RC still attempting to speak to EWT management

Money outstanding for stainless steel plaque - Barry Mugglestone has been contacted and will settle this.

Insurance regarding work in/on water – James Rose is speaking to the Council’s insurance section.

Work on Covid Memorial Woodland – RR contacted Becky Gibson and emailed our volunteers. 13 Friends volunteers helped on the first day of the tree planting and more are scheduled to help on future dates. The work is progressing well.

Green Flag Raising ceremony – RR sent out an Email to FIVHCP committee and volunteers inviting them to attend this event at 11.50 on 4 March 2022.

Statement of current finances – see Finance Report section 6.

Nature Booklet – Jonathon Tahir said he was too busy to discuss the possible sale of the leaflet by EWT when approached by JS. JS will continue to try and discuss this matter with him.

Events in parks – parks need several weeks’ notice for events. RC will send RR the dates of events already booked to take place in HCP.

Work parties – Mick Greenslade has been busy clearing up damaged trees in the borough since storm Eunice. RR will discuss possible work for future work parties with him.

 

 

4.   Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Chair

The private land owner of the land-locked piece of land behind the new housing estate (where the hospital used to be) has had the land cleared of trees. RC stated no planning permission has been granted for this land.

Vice Chair

Nothing to report.

 

5.   Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

 

6.   Finance Report

Balance held £3,103.48

£1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants.

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 1,781.60


EWT invoice for 100 history leaflets had not been paid as of 2 March 2022 but is included in above figures.

SC checked account using phone banking.

Reimbursement for Insurance has not been received from LBH. RC stated LBH do not issue cheques anymore but will transfer by BACs. SC to send details to RC to enable this.

 

7.   Park Officer’s Report

180 trees have been lost in Havering due to storm Eunice that were the responsibility of the Council.

400 LBH staff in total are expected to be lost because of new budget. LBH have asked staff for voluntary redundancies.

 

  1. History Trail – nothing to report

 

  1. Nature Booklet – JS is still trying to speak to EWT regarding selling this.

 

  1. Events

For discussion after dates for events already booked have been received.

 

8.   Cycling

Ride London event is on 29th May.

JS and his group will be organising a casual bike ride event. All riders need to be registered for insurance purposes.

The application for a naked cycling event by a protest group has been turned down by LBH.

 

9.   Work Parties

 

RR still trying to speak to Mick Greenslade regarding any work he may suggest.

 

10.   Website and Communication Report

New website is live and running: www.ingrebournevalleyfriends.org

RR is still working on Mobile phone website.

 

11.   Other Business

None

 

 

Date of Next Meeting – 7 April 2022 3/4pm (to be confirmed) at Albyns Depot