Minutes of Meeting 07 October 2021

7pm via Zoom

 

1.   Attendance/Apologies

Present: Jeff Stafford (JS), Raymond Randall (RR), Stephanie Nunn (SN), Sheila Clarke (SC), Brian Breeze (BB), Liz Hawthorn (LH),

Apologies for absence: Richard Cottam (RC) LBH Parks

 

2.   Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

The minutes of the previous meeting (02 September 2021) were agreed.

Matters Arising:

Havering Mind Half Marathon

All matters arising concerning this were completed.

Relationship with EWT

RC intends to speak to EWT management regarding their relationship with the Friends Group. Carried forward as RC not in attendance.

History Walk by Havering Museum - RC to have a gentle word regarding following of park procedures. Carried forward as RC not in attendance.

Bench

Mick Greenslade has agreed to help with the installation.

Storage Container in Depot – Mick Greenslade has rectified the issue with the door.

 

3.   Chair/Vice Chairs reports

Chair

Havering Half Marathon – cheering post went well and was appreciated by runners. There were fewer participants than last half marathon held in 2019. Course was slightly changed at last minute but this did not cause any problems. Some posters and road closure signs are still displayed – JS will report this to Ciaran White.

Vice Chair – nothing to report.

 

4.   Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report

 

5.   Finance Report

Balance held £3,338.16

£1,321.88 is reserved under Capital grants.

Balance of unrestricted funds £ 2,016.28

Please note that EWT have not paid the two outstanding invoices issued this year although the income is shown in the figures above.

RR to contact EWT concerning outstanding invoices.

SC to provide figures as to income from the sale of History Leaflets.

 

6.   Park Officer’s Report

RC not in attendance and no report received.

 

7.   History Trail

BB has completed attaching protective covers to all of the posts.

1,000 new leaflets, including an adjustment, have been ordered at a cost of £240 via Dave Bender as all original leaflets have been sold.

 

8.   Nature Booklet – Still on hold.

JS will contact Kate at EWT regarding possible sale of these.

 

9.   Events – Only Dr Bike planned for this year.

 

  1. Cycling

Dr Bike is planning another event for later in October.

Some people have been enquiring about organised bike rides. JS will look into this if enough interest is shown.

 

10.   Work Parties

 

RR will liaise with Dave Bender and Mick Greenslade to organise next work party. .

 

11.   Website and Communication Report

Still awaiting information from old website provider.

 

12.   Other Business

Insurance - LH to send Insurance Documents to RC and ask that the costs be reimbursed by sending a cheque payable to Friends of Ingrebourne Valley to SC.

Romford Recorder – a story about the Heritage Centre in last week’s Romford Recorder gave the impression that they were responsible for the upkeep of the park. BB sent them a letter explaining the correct position which they printed.

Patches of Mud – a concerned resident advised SN that the soil being used to level out dips in the park contains pieces of glass and plastic. SN visited with the resident and will follow up.

 

Date of Next Meeting – Thursday 4 November 2021 7pm via Zoom